All Microprobes for Life Science products are built to specification. Delivery times may vary depending on customization requirements and quantities.
Depending on the quantity and customization requirements, our typical lead times for delivery are as follows
- Metal Microelectrodes - 7 business days.
- Multi-Electrode Arrays - 20 to 30 business days, depending on quantity and customization requirements
- Accessory Items - 7 business days.
- Cuff Electrodes & EMG Patch - 7 business days.
- Neuroscience Research Equipment - 6 to 8 weeks.
- Other products - 30 business days, unless otherwise stated
- Our products are not FDA approved and are intended for scientific and preclinical research purposes only.
- It is recommended for first time users that smaller quantities having a range of critical impedance and or dimensional specifications be ordered initially in order to experimentally verify key component design requirements for future purchases.
- Please read all instructions carefully before handling or using Microprobes for Life Science products.
- So that we may provide you with quality service please supply us with complete information and your design forms (when applicable) for each order that you place. You may find our design forms under Support & Downloads/ Online Design Forms on our website.
Ordering Terms and Conditions
- Our prices are valid for 90 days following quote date, unless otherwise stated.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- Our shipping charges vary depending on the size of the order and destination. Most products are shipped via FedEx 2 Day Service inside the US or via FedEx International Economy for International Customers.
- Express shipping requires an additional fee. International delivery times vary depending on location. Customer can provide us their own FedEx account number.
- Please inspect the package carefully upon arrival and report any damage to us within 7 days of receipt of the package.
- Unused items may be exchanged if items and packaging are undamaged and in good condition. Exchange must be made within 30 days of invoice date and with prior permission from our Customer Service Department.
- Our Terms are FOB, Gaithersburg, MD, USA. Microprobes for Life Science is not responsible for any customs fees or taxes for international orders.
- When placing an order on our website you will find instructions at checkout for using duty and tax free ID numbers.
- No credit or refunds will be issued for freight charges.
- Custom-designed products are non-returnable.
- Rush Orders are subject to a fee of 10% of the price (US$ 75.00 minimum charge).
- Each of our array products is individually hand-made and tested to order. Because of the way our products are fabricated, occasionally we will detect a small defect during final testing, such as a non-functional channel. There is no way to repair this once the array has been built, as the internal wiring has already been cemented. Unfortunately, this fact led us to make a difficult decision, as to guarantee a 100% functional array would require us to increase our prices substantially to cover the cost of internal losses. Because of this, we maintain a policy that we will ship an array if 90% of the channels are functional (15 out of 16, or 30 out of 32). Please note that all arrays must show functional ground and reference connections, otherwise the array will be rejected. If your experimental protocol requires that every array have a certain number of functional channels, contact us and we will work together with you to find a mutually agreeable approach.