Designed for chronic experiments, the Microprobes Microwire Arrays MWA provides the optimum in flexibility and affordable alternative for the neuroscience community.
- Up to 32 penetrating wires per array for short- and long-term recordings.
- Custom wire length (5-23 mm), including different length for each row.
- Custom spacing between wires is in the range of 250 - 1000 µm.
- Custom wire diameter options available (25/50 µm).
- Custom impedance for individual wires between 200-800 kΩ.
- Stainless steel and Platinum/Iridium fine wires with teflon or polyimide insulation material.
- Custom reference and ground electrodes according to the researcher’s requirements.
- Optionally integrated fiber optic and/or drug delivery cannula.
Single Unit - LFP Ecog
|Impedance values per Metal type and Wire size|
|Metal type and thickness||inner diameter (i.d.)|
|25 micron Pt/Ir||0.4 to 0.8 MΩ|
|50 micron Pt/Ir||0.2 to 0.4 MΩ|
|25 micron SS||0.6 to 0.9 MΩ|
|50 micron SS||0.4 to 0.6 MΩ|
I've been a customer of Microprobes for Life Science for years and my lab has been using their products for even longer. Their microwire arrays and optogenetic-microwire arrays have always worked extremely well for us. We have used them to record in a variety of brain areas in rats and mice at both acute and chronic time points. The electrodes have always been in pristine condition, made to our exact specifications.
Eric EmmonsNarayanan Lab